The first competition titles are known
We are delighted to unveil the 1st confirmed titles for the International and Directors’week Competitions of the fifth edition of the Brussels International Film Festival – BRIFF.
Built around a selection of films from the four corners of the world, the International Competition invites you to discover movies which have yet to be screened in Belgium. This section is comprised not only of future box office hits that came via Cannes, Venice or Berlin, but also of favourites of our experienced panel of programmers.
- Nana (Indonesia) by Kamila Andini
- Sundown (Mexico, France, Sweden) by Michel Franco – selection Venice Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival
- A E I O U – Das schnelle Alphabet der Liebe (Germany, France) by Nicolette Krebitz – Berlinale Panorama
- Beautiful Beings (Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Czech Republic) by Guomundur Arnar Guomundsson
Created in cooperation with the ARRF (l’Association belge des Réalisateurs & Realisatrices francophones), this forward-looking competition will reveal a posse of ambitious directors and works “Made in Europe” that are multi-layered and original
- Il Buco (Italy, France Germany) by Michelangelo Frammartino – Prix spécial du Jury @ Mostra de Venise 2021
- Three Minutes – a lengthening (Netherlands) by Bianca Stigter
- Alle reden übers Wetter (Germany) by Annika Pinske
- Broadway (Greece) by Christos Massalas
Stay tuned, we will reveal the next titles very soon!