Workshops and meetings
Brussels, capital of Europe, Brussels, capital of all the professionals of the movie world: producers, directors, actors, technicians, buyers…
During the BRIFF, all film professionals are invited into the city center in order to discuss the future of European cinema through meetings and forums: its promotion, its distribution network, how to focus on its core audience. Participating will be: l’Union des Producteurs Francophones de Films, l’Association des Scénaristes de l’Audiovisuel, l’Association des Réalisateurs & Réalisatrices de Films, l’Union des Artistes, Europe Distribution …
Brussels Co-Production forum
The Brussels co-production forum will take place for the 4th time during the Brussels International Film Festival (20.06 > 29.06.2019).
The co-production forum is an initiative that aims to promote partnerships between European and Belgian producers, as well as support and train a young generation of producers in the development of their first projects. It will take place on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th of June 2019.
This year, the Brussels co-production forum is organised in two sections :
- The first section aims to train and help a new generation of producers to get into the development of their project through business meetings and training workshops.
- The second section focuses on gap financing with producers who are looking for an additional Belgian budget for their feature film project.
10 projects in each section will be selected to take part in the forum.
Please find in the document below the call for projects and eligibility criteria related to each section.
If selected, producers will have the opportunity to:
- Pitch their project in front of Belgian and European producers.
- Have individuals meetings with a great number of professionals
- Build contacts to find public and private funding for their projects in case of an agreement.
- Take part in the Brussels International Film Festival.
The producers of the selected projects will be invited to Brussels. The invitation includes a travel grant, hotel accommodation, meals and a free accreditation to the Brussels International Film Festival.
English will be the working language during the co-production forum. Therefore, a good level of English is advised for anyone willing to participate in the forum.
Eligible producers of both section must send their application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April, 8th 2019. Applications shall be sent as 1 single pdf file containing the entry form carefully filled out, with all other additional documents required. Incomplete applications or ineligible projects will not be considered.
Please read the following regulation carefully before applying.
HOW TO APPLY ?
- You want to submit a project? Fill the entry form by clicking here.
- You want to join the production of a feature film project? You can subscribe to meet the producers who will be selected for the forum. To do so, fill the following form by clicking here.
An overview of selected projects will be sent to you once the selection is known. Producers who are not interested in the selected projects can unsubscribe from the forum then.
Please note that the Brussels International Film Festival doesn’t take charge of the transport or the accommodation of the producers who only participate in the forum as auditors.
Contact : Romane Pangrazzi - email@example.com